Saturday 22 January 2022

Scrap O'clock album

 Hello crafting friends

I'm not sharing a card today, but an album I made using a template from i-craft called scrap o'clock.

This can be purchased here  I was lucky enough to be sent it by Oakwood direct to decorate up ready for showcasing on the Craft store on Sunday 23rd January. 

It came as chip board covers and thick paper pages, and can be decorated in a variety of ways.


The clock face and backing card are separate when delivered, so I used a shabby black background paper to layer under the clock face itself.

To decorate the clock face I used some green texture paint from craft treat (its like moss and has a gritty texture)  I painted this all over before using some white gesso and a dried brush to knock back some of the green.  To add a further aged look I used craft treat grey cement texture paint through an i-craft crackle stencil to add more interest.

I then painted the inner ring and hands black, then used silver gilding wax all over.

I added a combination of natural fibres, cheesecloth and dried flowers as a base before adding paper flowers from my stash at the side.  I added glue and glass glitter onto the flowers, as well as some stickles for shine

The bees were cut out from the same pad the backing paper came from.

It was then put together and I used ribbon and lace to tie around the jump rings.

This is a very different project for me, but I hope you like it! - I got very inky and messy and my craft room looked like my paint had exploded!

I'd like to enter this into:

See you soon

Crafting hugs!

Rachael 

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachael. It makes me think of spring, much needed on a very cold morning. I am so glad you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey for my faces challenge. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful album cover with many lovely details to see. Thank you for sharing with Erika's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waauw, it's great what you made!
    So nice you joined Mixed Media Lovers...
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. mooie kaart
    bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
    groetjes jolanda bongers
    dt mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a smashing job of decorating these pieces! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say you haven't done something like this much?? You really ROCKED it!
    I love clocks and clockworks and the colors you chose on this really help catch the eye. My favorite part is how 'soft' you make this look with the flowers and cheesecloth. I'm thrilled you gave a description of the flowers (how some are paper and some are dried) as that helps us 'feel' your project's texture. You really SHOULD keep trying more projects like this journal book since the sky is the limit on shapes. Thanks so much for sharing this with us on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog; we hope to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME! I love all the details! Thanks for playing along with The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty. Very romantic looking. It's definitely a great take on Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for sharing it with us. I enjoyed all the details you shared, too. I always appreciate such details.

    ReplyDelete