Friday 13 May 2022

Dancing Queen

Hello everyone

I'm back today, from the desk in the glittery pink craft room, I'm sharing this cutie I made using an image I won over at the Polkdoodles blog.  She is called Dancing queen and isn't she just so adorable!

As I was going through a stash of papers I came across an old 12x12 paper pad and found it had some absolutely gorgeous papers in.  I cut them into 6x6 squares and added them to my 6x6 storage.  I always forget what some lovely papers because they are a larger size, so I’m going to make an effort to use them, or like I have here, cut them up.  I tend to head for the 6inch pads more often…

I coloured this cutie using copics and layered her onto a scalloped die cut.  It’s a lawn fawn die that creates a frame, so I popped up the outer ring, but including the middle.  I matted the patterned paper, but didn’t layer it, so after I had added the image, I realised it was lacking a bit of focus around the edge.  I used an acrylic marker pen in pink to create a sketchy border.  The sentiment is from a polkadoodles stamp set. 

I hope you like her!

I’d like to enter this into:

 C.R.A.F.T challenge - Anything goes

Creative knockouts - Anything goes 

Moving along with the times - Birthday

The sisterhood of crafters - think pink

Digi Tuesday - Anything goes

Through the craft room door - Anything Goes

Shopping your stash - Pastels (my paper pad I rediscovered was my stashed item!)

Thanks so much for dropping by it really does mean a lot when people comment and follow me on social media.

See you soon

Rachael 





9 comments:

  1. Mt grandaughter has just begun ballet classes -s he would love this beautiful card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love It! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck!! - Linh (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go shopping your stash and finding that awesome designer paper!! It indeed was perfect for our “power of pastels” challenge over at SOS!! Thanks for shopping your stash and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ATG challenges, we get to see so many wonderful makes like your beautiful card. This is such a darling image. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Dancing Queen is so cute and sweet! Love the image and your fantastic card! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craft Room Door this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having a Design Team call at CRAFT at the moment. We would love you to apply – see the blog for details here
    Sheryl Craft DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an adorable image, and your coloring skills definitely take it to the next level and beyond! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (pastel!) STASH with us this time!

    ReplyDelete