Wednesday 19 January 2022

Surprise strawberries

 Hello everyone

I think in my head I'm in summer, as my favourite cards at the moment are all summer themed!  Here's another one I made using a combination of things. I wanted to make something other than a flat card, I wanted a fancy folded one. Here's the full thing:


Its a gatefold card - so the outside has a bellyband and looks like this

Then inside when you open it, there is this cute image from tiddlyinks (it's now retired but its from my old drive where I have loads of tiddlyinks images!)



Ingredients

  • Tiddlyinks digi stamp (retired) - Berrylicious
  • Elisabeth craft - strawberry die
  • Nitwit digi paper collections - Sweet preserves
  • Coloured with Spectrum noir triblend brush markers
  • Tattered lace stitched circle die

I firstly printed all of the papers I wanted to use so I could match the colours, before colouring in this super cute strawberry image from  Tiddlyinks.

I have some card blanks that are unscored, this one normally forms a 5x7 card, but instead I scored lines at 3.5 inches and again at 10.5 inches to create a gatefold card.

I cut out the panels to go both inside and outside the card, as well as cutting two matching die cut circles from the dotty paper in the collection.

I fussy cut the image out and stuck her inside the card onto one of these circles

To make the belly band I cut a strip of paper 2 inches wide and slightly longer than the card, glued them end to end and folded to form a snug (but not tight) band, gluing the circle at the join.  I stamped the happy birthday from a set that was in a bundle I brought from a craft show (I think they were rare earth or tattered lace from a long while ago??) around this I wanted my strawberries, so I die cut them from white card stock and coloured them in to match the image inside, using glue and foam pads for dimension.

I hope you like it and it makes you remember long summer nights in June with fresh strawberries and cream! 

I'd like to enter this into:

Passion for markers challenge - use a die (strawberries and circles)

Through the craft room door - anything goes

A place to start - anything goes

Double trouble - thing 1. Use three patterned papers

Pammies pinkie inkies - anything goes

Lil patch of crafty friends - anything goes

Please leave me a comment if you land here, and if you are a SM user, there are some links on my home page that will take you to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest so you can follow along.

See you soon - crafting hugs

Rachael 


9 comments:

  1. An adorable card and beautifuly coloured. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, such a darn cute card! I agree, we need summertime cards now that it's gloomy and cold out. Everything comes together so well with your design with your pattern papers and expertly colored images! Thank you for sharing your summery card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Mix 'Em Up" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining in my challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. DT Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gatefold card Rachael. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachael, welcome to Double Trouble. So glad you shared with us your beautiful gatefold. Love the combination of patterned papers you used on the card and belly band for your florals. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back for more of our future challenges and optional twists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome B'day card! The Strawberry motif is so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer cards are so fun and strawberries scream Summer! This is darling. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Rachael! Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #101.

    ReplyDelete