Sunday 14 November 2021

Love roo

Hello everyone

I made this card for my sons birthday last month, but just haven't got around to blogging it yet.

When my son was a toddler he couldn't say wallaby, so he called them "wobbalies" and the name has stuck ever since, so when I spotted this roo set from clearly besotted, it had to land in my basket!




Ingredients

  • Die -  
    • Mama elephant slim line scene builder
    • tattered lace basic circle
  • Stamps –
    • clearly besotted – Love roo
    • MFT lets stick together
  • Coloured with spectrum noir tri blend brush markers
  • Ink blending distress oxide inks
    • Chipped sapphire
    • Prize ribbon
    • Antique paper
    • Vintage photo

 I cut out of the panels for the shaped card and ink blended them all.  For texture I splatted each one with the same colours I had used to blend as well as black and white, with some shimmer pen in there too. For the circle back panel i used a large circle and chopped it in half in my trimmer to make a different backdrop.

I put these aside to dry while stamping and colouring all of my images, that I then put through my scan and cut and cut them all out.  I also cut out the word ‘Son’ in two sizes, one in black and the other in white

Now the background panels were dry, I glued them all together to form the card base, and placed my critters around the card to create a scene.  In the sky I adhered the ‘son’ word and stamped the happy birthday to room on the front panel.

He absolutely adored this – its still in his bedroom now.  His very own set of wobbalies! 

I'd like to enter this into

Thanks so much for stopping by - it does mean a lot when people leave comments, or follow my on FB, Pinterest or IG.  I really appreciate it!

See you again soon for more makes from the desk of the glittery pink craft rooms

Rachael 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute keepsake card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little story about your son! What a perfect card for him. It's adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete