Friday 19 November 2021

Floral thanks

 Hi everyone

I recently went to the NEC craft show.  It felt so good to be back and be able to watch the demos and actually see the product.  I've ordered so much on line during the pandemic I'd forgotten the thrill (and how much it was going to cost me) seeing all the lovely show samples.



I brought a few new stamps (of course!!_) and some were the woodware ones.  I have had some in the past, and I had forgotten how good some of the designs are.  I decided for this card however to get some florals.  I have a few altenew florals but wanted something a bit different.

Ingredients

  • Stamps
    • Woodware Garden spray
    • Woodware texture
    • Waltzing mouse sentiment set (this is older than I can remember and I have no idea what is called the packaging is loooong gone!) 
  • Coloured with watercolour - Windsor and Newton set
  • Distress oxide inks for stamping texture
    • picked raspberry
    • black soot
  • stamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear wow embossing powder 
  • Sentiment stamped with Versamark ink and white wow embossing powder
I firstly stamped and coloured the image onto watercolour card stock.  I wanted a bold look for this one.  I did another card at the same time with a completely different soft feel that I'll show later but this I wanted to be bright and cheerful.

Once I'd stamped and embossed it, I added water to the petals and dropped in some watercolour paints onto the wet from the centre so the colour spread outwards.  I did the same for the leaves.  I then hit it with my heat tool to dry it and did the same again to add depth of colour.  To finish I used more intense colour and added the detail in.  

I then left this to dry while I worked on my background.

Using the same colour paint I'd used for the flowers, I watered it down and added blobs to my glass mat, and added some lawn fawn liquid sparkle to it for shimmer.  I then smooshed another piece of watercolour card into this, dried it and repeated for texture.  Once I was happy with this, I then used the texture stamps to add detail to the background around where I knew I wanted to place my stamp.

I fussy cut out the stamp, added the heat embossed sentiment and matted onto black card stock.  

I hope you like this -  change from the cutie stuff for sure, and a perfect stash filler in case I have to say thank you!

I'd like to enter this into:


I'll back back soon with more makes, to make sure you don't miss out please follow me here on on any of my other social media channels.  

See you very soon
Rachael




5 comments:

  1. Oh Rachael this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Your coloring is fabulous and the design is perfect! Lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card !

    Thanks for joining our "No Patterned Paper" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the florals, Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card - thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete