Saturday 21 August 2021

Cute critter birthday

 Hello everyone

It's me again,  sharing more inspiration from "The Glittery pink craft room" (although I have had a good tidy and vacuumed so there is a little less glitter than usual!)

I wanted to make something super bright and cheerful today, something that will make whoever receives it smile!  Its being added to the back up stash of emergency cards as I need to continue to rebuild my stash after donating everything I had.

Back to MFT stamps today to make this eye catching card.



Ingredients 
  • MFT stamps - Birthday buds
  • Coloured with Copics and Spectrum Noir triblend brush markers
  • dies - Stamps by me frame dies
  • white gel pen and tonic shimmer pen for embellishment
  • ink - Lawn fawn alcohol friendly jet black ink 
I stamped the  images and coloured them using a variety of alcohol markers.  I then put them through my scan and cut with a 1mm border to cut them out.

I rummaged through my stash of pattered card and found this super bright pink spotty paper to match my colouring, but I couldn't find yellow or aqua paper that matched so when I cut out my frames I used white card and coloured it with my alcohol pens to match
I also added a white card mat layer with some black fine liner faux stitching.  

The sentiment is also in the stamp set, and I white heat embossed it onto black card.

I finally layered the whole thing together, sticking it with glue and foam tape, added shimmer and white gel pen for effect, making a super cute, fun birthday card.

I'd like to enter this into:

Thank you for stopping in - if you land here (either intentionally or by mistake) please leave me a comment and become a follower.  If blogging isn't your preferred social media platform, then on the right side of my home page is a link to all social media sites I have.  Why not join me there!

See you again very soon for more inspiration

Crafty hugs
Rachael 


4 comments:

  1. Love all the bright colours. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and fun! Wonderful colours too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your design and the images. Great coloring too! Thanks for entering in the challenge at The Paper Funday! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and that hedgehog is lovely, thank you for joining us at Paper Funday.

    ReplyDelete