Tuesday 17 August 2021

Cool birthday

 Hello crafty friends

I'm back with some more card making inspiration - penguins having fun in the sun.... 

I wanted to make a more masculine card and thought this as a fun idea using these super cute penguins




Ingredients

  • Stamps
    • MFT - penguins in paradise
    • Anne-Marie - birthday stamp (background)
    • Lisa Horton - Everyday tickertape sentiments 
  • Coloured with Copics and Spectrum noir triblend brush marker
  • Inks
    • peacock feathers and squeezed lemonade distress inks 
    • Lawn fawn black alcohol friendly ink 
  • Die - tattered lace stitched basic circle
I started by stamping the penguins in the jet black ink and colouring them with my alcohol markers.  I then cut them out using my scan and cut.  I've had this stamp set for probably 3 or 4 years and I still love it! 

While that was cutting, I started on my background.  I used the happy birthday background stamp on my fingers, lightly inking and tapping down mainly across the middle section of the card, from top to bottom to add interest.
I then used my distress inks and blending brushes to create coloured patches in the background  and then added to the texture by smooshing the ink pads on my desk, adding water and lightly tapping my paintbrush across the panel.  I also did the same with a bit of lawn fawn sparkle liquid.

I dried this with my heat tool, and die cut a circle, layering everything together using glue and foam pads.  Matted onto a piece of black card stock, the finished card was a top fold 5x7.  Finishing touches with a white gel pen and three sentiments from the Lisa Horton set, and there we have a super male card. 

How I wish I was with those penguins!

I'd like to enter this into:

Crafty sentiment designs - Anything goes


Thanks so much for stopping by - please leave me a comment and sign up to my other social media by clicking on the icons on the right.  I'd love to see you there!!

Crafty hugs
Rachael

 


8 comments:

  1. Rachael, your penguin card is TOO cute! Love the littler blue innertube and the sunglasses on the sunbathing penguin! Your ink dots really help balance the card, too! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and adorable your card is, Rachael. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spatter for these cuties - it adds so much depth, especially to the water! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute scene. Would love to be there.. Love this cute images. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I love EVERYTHING about this card. Totally awesome! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the awesome layers of visual interest you have in this card. It's got great colors in design and some amazing coloring of your image.
    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute penguin card. Your background is amazing! Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 520!

    ReplyDelete