Monday 23 August 2021

Birthday Witches

 Hello everyone - Happy Saturday!

For anyone living in the UK... what has happened to the August heat wave we were promised??  I'm currently sat looking out at the most dismal, grey, rainy day.  It looks more like October than August!

Speaking of October, I note that lots of the new releases are Halloween themed.  Now I don't really do Halloween as a rule but I did see this pretty image from Lili of the valley and just had to have her. 

I thought she would make a cute birthday card rather than Halloween so I coloured her up and made this little treasure.



Ingredients:
  • Stamps - Lili of the Valley Digi stamp (available from Etsy)
  • Sentiment - computer generated using a free font
  • Coloured with - Copics
  • papers - 
    • Digi papers again from Etsy (Called Blush and black but i cant remember the name of the shop, sorry) 
    • rose gold Mirri from Sizzix
  • embellished with black Nuvo drop.
  • Dies 
    • basic circle dies from Tattered lace 
    • Graceful Borders for Spellbinders
I resized the image using Craftartist and typed the sentiment I wanted to add, then printed this off. I couldn't resist the birthday pun - perfect for my friend who frequently calls me a witch (ha ha you know who you are!!)  I also printed the blush spot paper and the black and white geometric papers too.

I coloured her up using my copics in matching colours to the papers and cut her out using my scan and cut.

I then cut out some circles from black card stock and the spotted paper, matted and layered with the black and white paper before die cutting the scalloped border.
I noted something blingy was missing, so I added the rose gold Mirri card as a strip and around the sentiments to make it shine.

Once stuck together using glue and foam pads I added the black Nuvo drops to finish off the card.

I'd like to enter this into:



Thanks so much for dropping by and seeing my work.  It makes my day to see the lovely comments you leave.  If you want to see more, then I'm also on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram Just click on the icon above, and follow me there too.

Thanks again, see you soon

Crafty Hugs
Rachael 









0 comments:

Post a Comment