Monday 6 December 2021

Alice in Crafting land

Hi everyone

Yesterday I was browsing Etsy for digi stamps. I wanted to find some new cute designs and as my craft room is rapidly filling up - I can always justify buying new digi's as they take up no room! 

I found this super cute set and brought it along with several others from a company called Caperuza sketch. they were really reasonably priced, and I adore the sketchy design.

Alice in Wonderland is one of my all-time favourite stories, and I knew they would have to be bright and bold and rainbow coloured.  I did colour them as close to the Disney film adaptation as possible.





ingredients

  • Coloured with copics markers
  • Digi stamps by Caperuza sketch on etsy here
  • Die - Lawn fawn scalloped slimline die with hears
  • Glittered with tonic shimmer pen and stickles Christmas berry red glitter
  • Ink blending with distress oxide inks
    • worn lipstick, 
    • scattered straw, 
    • broken china, 
    • villainous potion
I printed all of my images first, coloured them and cut them out using my scan and cut.
I then cut out the die shape with some smooth white card stock, and blended distress inks to create a rainbow.

I blended the colours to create the secondary tones of orange and green and at the end added come more worn lipstick so it looks like it going back to red again.

This was then splattered with black water colour paint and lawn fawn liquid stardust.

I printed the quote and cut it up, then laid it along with my images onto the panel using glue and foam pads.  I used a slightly bigger card blank to put it on to finish the card.

I just love how colourful this is and how cute those characters are.  I can guarantee I'll be back for more images from here, There were so many to choose from!

I'd like to enter this into:


Thanks for dropping in - if you could leave me a message I'd really appreciate it, or better still like and follow me on any of my social media channels.  The links are on the front blog page.

Crafting hugs
Rachael 


4 comments:

  1. Such an adorable set of Alice in Wonderland stamps - I love their closed eyes and little grins - so cute! Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” December Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty done.. but we want to see only animals in the focus. So please read our rules

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
    *GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colorful and bright! Fantastic job!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Gem of a Challenge!

    Jill, Polkadoodles DT

    Tiny Treasure Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute!! Absolutely love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete