Sunday 10 October 2021

Frightfully sweet

 Hello friends

A few posts back I said I do not do Halloween as a rule, I do not celebrate it and my son doesn’t go trick or treating.  Not due to religious reasons just because it doesn’t sit comfortably with me.  Having said that, I have had several posts recently about Halloween because the images are just tooooo cute! I saw this MFT one and had to have it.  There is something super sweet about animals dressed up to make a cute scene!

 


Ingredients

  • Stamps
    • MFT - frightfully sweet
    • Clearly besotted  - Alien attack
  • Inks
    • Distress oxides
      • Mustard seed
      • Chipped sapphire
      • Wilted violet
      • Twisted citron
      • Black soot
    • Versa mark
    • Memento tuxedo black
    • Hero arts unicorn pigment ink
  • Scan and cut
  • Gold metallic paint
  • White and black acrylic paint
  • Shimmer pen
  • Glossy accents

 I made this card into a z fold, but with a bottom bar to add the critters too.

I did this by taking a 6x6 card blank.  I folded the front page back on itself (so its like a z shape) and then opened it flat again. I then trimmed 1.5 inches off the bottom to make the bar.

 Before layering I inked the background. I knew I wanted a spooky house in the background so started with mustard seed in this location and added twisted citron across the bottom to add a spooky glow. I then continued blending using wilted violet, chipped sapphire and a bit of black soot along the top. Once I was happy with the blending, I added gold metallic, white, and black paints to splatter across the night sky

For the ground, my critters stand on, this was black card stock I cut into wavy lines added white pigment ink to the top and then layered them together. I used a white gel pen to add dots (I forgot t platter before I had assembled so had to improvise!)

I then stamped and coloured the cute critters from the MFT stamps set and the spooky castle/house from clearly besotted. And cut them all out using my scan and cut.

The bottom bar was added the opposite way around to the main card folds, and everything was then placed and either glues or foam pads used to adhere it together. The sentiment was from the MFT set and was embossed using white powder and a Versamark in pad. Finishing touches were a bit of glitter and some glossy accents.

Phew that was a lot of explaining!

 I'd like to enter this into:

Colour crazy challenge - Anything goes
Love to craft challenge  - Anything goes
Crafters Cafe - Anything goes 
Critter Crazy - Anything goes with a critter
Send a smile 4 kids - Holiday/Celebration
Crafty Calendar - Halloween
A gem of a challenge - Anything goes 


I hope you like this – please leave me a message if you land here, or if this isn’t your preferred social media – check out my other links on the home page.

See you soon

Rachael 



6 comments:

  1. Such an adorably sweet card! Love the inking you did on this fabulous Halloween card! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachael, your card is just stunning! Such clever construction, super cute images and the background is fabulous!

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Crafty Calendar Challenges,
    Sarah
    Crafty Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! Love the fold and colours. Great scene card

    Thanks for playing along with our Critter Crazy Challenges and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Halloween scene! Love the dimension and that gorgeous sky!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cute card. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
    (I don't celebrate Halloween either but have had to make some DT cards on my blog)

    ReplyDelete