Saturday 4 September 2021

Lets stick together

 Hi crafty friends

Just a quick post today - I'm dropping in to share this anniversary card I made using MFT Stamps.

I really loved the frames I did on the card a few weeks ago, but wanted something thinner, so I used nesting dies together to create these frames.  I wanted it to be quite bold and geometric, and this is what I came up with


Ingredients

  • MFT stamps - lets stick together
  • Coloured papers from my stash
  • Nesting basic rectangle dies from tattered lace
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Stamped with lawn fawn alcohol friendly ink
  • Wow fine white embossing powder. 
  • Dotty stencil (brought from The Range)
  • squeezed lemonade distress oxide
  • Black nuvo drops
I firstly stamped and coloured the images from the set, and stamped one of the sentiments on a strip of black card stock, embossing it with fine white wow powder.

I then set the images to cut out on my scan and cut while I started the background.  On the card blank I used a dotty stencil and lightly added squeezed lemonade for some interest in the background.  I then used two nesting dies that were one size apart, taped them so it would be even around the edge, and die cut these from black, orange and yellow card stock to create three frames.

I layered these up at jaunty angles, before adding the cactus in with a combination of glue and foam dots adding the sentiment across the middle.  I felt it was missing a little detail to balance the card out, so added one black nuvo drop to the bottom right corner.  Sometimes its the smallest thing that makes the difference.

I hope you like this design, there are many more on my blog or social media pages to scroll through (the link is on my home page in the top right corner)

I'd like to enter this into:


If you'd like to add a comment I love to read them it makes my day to get happy emails, rather than the usual junk that we get!!

See you soon

Crafty hugs
Rachael





7 comments:

  1. What a super card and such effective use of all those succulents, many thanks for joining in this weeks theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your fab and fun entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design, very differnt with the cacti, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! The frames are a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing with with us at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete