Saturday 14 August 2021

Aloha

 Hello friends


Today I wanted to make a different shaped card.  I have a note book where I list all ideas that I see from social media that I might want to try and if I'm feeling a bit uninspired I use this to spark some imagination.

This time I chose a cute (if not small) rocker card design, using a stamping Bella favourite of mine.  I just adore the squishies and when they come in tropical dress, its just too irresistible not to use.




Ingredient list

  • Stamps
    • Stamping Bella - tropical squidgies
    • MFT Polynesian paradise (for the pineapple, flowers and sentiment) 
  • Ink - Lawn fawn alcohol friendly ink
  • Coloured with - copics and Spectrum noir triblend brush markers
  • Dies
    • Tattered lace basic circle shape
    • Spellbinders large doily die
  • Finishing touches - Tonic shimmer pen and Ranger glossy accents

I stamped the image onto my card stock and coloured it in.  Instead of cutting around the image this time I used a basic circle die and mounted it on some patterned paper from my stash (is a scrap of Digi paper so not sure where its from sorry!).

I then die cut the large doily die and scored down the middle causing a fold to form the card base.  As I layered it together I realised it needed some framing, so I used another of my favourite tropical stamp sets and used it to make the floral wreath and pineapple.  I also thought the aloha sentiment was perfect from the MFT set too.  I stamped and embossed in white on a scrap of black and cut the flag shape for interest.

I hope this sunshine filled card makes you smile today!

Please check out my other social media, and if you stop here by chance, please leave me a comment below so I know you've dropped in - it makes my day every time I get feedback or new followers! 

I'd like to enter this into:

Alphabet challenge blog - J is for just one word

Colour crazy challenge - Anything goes

Aud sentiments - anything goes with a sentiment 

Cute card Thursday - anything goes 

Moving along with the times - summer fun 

Crafty creations - anything goes

Crafty gals corner - summer fun

Crafty hugs

Rachael 


4 comments:

  1. What a fun and cool card! The images are colored so nicely, love the colors, and love the shape. So glad you joined us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. I love LOVe your card. Fun shape, design and the images are just toooooooo cute. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy, Aud Sentiments, Alphabet challenge, Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute....thanks for joining in Crafty gals challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card, love the shape and colours! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy challenges good luck! Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete