Saturday 13 August 2022

Little Monster

Hello crafting friends

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well out there, its certainly very hot in the UK at the moment again.  

Over at Polkadoodles we have a new challenge, as ever its anyhting goes, and we love to see what you create.  I've been looking at the last weeks entries and they are stunning..

You can win some of Nikky's amazing images and even the DT favourites get one each!  

Although its blazing hot it won't be long before the nights draw in and hot chocolates become a favourite, so this time my inspiration is an image that can be used for both Halloween and for kids birthdays in general.

He is called Fuzzypea from the little monsters collection.


As soon as I saw him I thought he needed to be green, but then I realised that's very predictable so I coloured him bright red instead! The background is a DL stencil from my stash and I placed it in the middle of the card like a panel, then used festive berries distress oxides to blend.  I wanted more contrast so I drew the squiggly lines down the side and then I splattered with black Gouache too.  So he pops off the page I die cut a piece of vellum and used foam pads to give him dimension.  the sentiment is from the Little Dudes dino - mite pack.  All finished with some black glossy Nuvo drops.

I'd like to enter this into:

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my ramblings to this point.  For less rambling - check out Instagram, Pinterest of Facebook.  I still show the pictures, but there's much less waffle!

See you again soon.

Rachael

4 comments:

  1. This is so very adorable. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and fun, love that monster, but your background is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, lovely and scary at the same time. The little monster is such a great motif and beautifully coloured, and it goes so well against the patterns in the background. The piece of vellum caught my eyes immediately - such a clever idea to make the image pop. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little monster - really made me smile! Your background is fabulous! Thanks for joining our 'juvenile' theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete