Saturday 5 February 2022

One in a chameleon

 Hello Crafters

Happy weekend!  I'm so glad that it is.  I have so many jobs to do, and yet I'm sure I will still find some time for craft, after all once the washing is in, it takes 1 hour 20 before i need to do anything with it!

Taking time to share this cute chameleon from Vera Lane on Etsy.


I coloured him in (it looks like a 'he I think!) with Copics and then fussy cut him out.

Using a 6x6 piece of white card, I scored down the middle making a small slimline card.  on a slightly smaller panel (2 3/4 inches by 6) I stamped the side with versafine black ink using a Tracey Hey stamp set called creativity.  To this, I added broken china distress ink through a bubble stencil.

The flowers are a Julie Hickey set called Fresh Florals.  They were stamped in Memento black ink and also coloured with Copics and fussy cut out.  I then layered the coloured images on the panel and stuck them down using a both glue and foam pads.
To make it stand out a bit more I inked black down the edges of the panel and added a few black dots in pen, and some clear gems.
The sentiment was one I printed on my computer and cut into strips.

I just love how this turned out!  He is just so quirky...

I'd like to enter this into:

Creative fingers - Anything goes

Polkadoodles - Anything goes

Crafty calender - anything goes

Creative knockouts - lots of layers

Critter crazy challenge - Anything with a critter

Crafty animals - anything with an animal

Love to craft - Anything goes

See you again very soon

crafting hugs

Rachael


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous chameleon, Rachael ! Love your bright color combo. Let me say "Thanks" for playing along in our challenge at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck in the draw and we love seeing people like you playing with us regularly.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The stamps, design, colouring...all of it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar thyis month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Rachael! Great layout and design, image and all design elements coordinate and are so fantastic!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Cute chameleon!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice image an pretty colours

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I see someone's blog, I really like it.

    Slot

    ReplyDelete