Sunday 19 September 2021

No buddies like snow buddies

Hi crafting friends.

Today I'm sharing a make using my favourite MFT Christmas set called snow buddies.  This will be my first Christmas make, so I guess I had better get cracking to make the rest!  Look out for many more Christmas makes coming your way! 




Ingredients

  • Stamps
    • MFT snow buddies stamps
    • ink blot shop cable knit background
    • MFT - general BB sentiments
  • spectrum noir triblend brush markers
  • tattered lace dotted simple circle die
  • distress oxide inks
    • broken china
    • Victorian velvet
A simple card today - I stamped the background panel using broken china ink and left is aside to dry, while I coloured my stamped images. I cut out the circle from white cardstock and trimmed one side down so it would look like it was popping off the side of the card. 
I cut them out using my scan and cut and positioned them onto the circle background to make a topped.  Some of the images are flat and some are popped up on foam pads.
I then cut a strip of blue glitter card and trimmed my back ground panel to me slightly smaller than the 5x7 card.  

I decided to balance the colour, I should do the sentiment in pink, so I stamped in Victorian velvet, but found it wasn't bold enough, so I coloured a scrap of white card with the distress oxide and then let it dry, before white heat embossing.  I stamped a snow flake too in the same colour ink for a tone on tone look. 

I hope you like it as much as I do - I really love the muted non traditional colours! 

I'd like to enter this into:


Please leave me a comment if you land here - I love to read them, and also if you prefer other social media, check out the top right of my home page for more links!

Crafty hugs

Rachael 



0 comments:

Post a Comment