Thursday 5 August 2021

Hello Sunshine

 Hello everyone

I made a card today reminding me of beaches, and sunshine and holidays!  Here in the UK we had a couple of weeks of sunshine, but now it is rainy and miserable again so I made a sweet card to cheer me up!

I used a cute MFT stamp set that is probably one of my all time favourites.  Its an old one, but I think you can still buy it.  I've had it for ages in my stash but I adore those tropical critters!



Ingredients list
My Favorite things stamps - Polynesian Paradise
Scan and cut for the scalloped shaped behind
Paper pad and leaf dies are from 'the works'
Coloured with Zig clean colour markers on multimedia paper from Daler Rowney 

I stamped and coloured the images and cut them out on my scan and cut.  At the same time I cut a scalloped circle from the library of shapes for the scene to be attached to.
I went into my green scraps folder and pulled out a few different plain green colours and used these to die cut out the tropical leaves.  using the scallop I layered everything together using glue and foam pads for a dimensional display.  The card is a 6x6 square card, so I trimmed the patterned paper to fit leaving a white border.  For finishing touches I added a tonic shimmer pen but being extra careful not to reactivate the zig ink and smudge the colouring... (my parrot only has highlights bless him!), as well as stamping the sentiment and white heat embossing on scrap of black card. 

Id like to enter this into:
Creative moments - anything goes
Polkadoodles digichooseday - Anything goes 
Unicorn Challenge - anything goes
Crafting Happiness - anything goes - top pick! 
Incy wincy designs - Summer/Beach


I hope this brings you sunshine too!

Crafty hugs
Rachael

PS - please check out my social media pages on the links to the right, and like and follow...  Thank you
x



6 comments:

  1. wow, wonderful card. Love the images and dies you used. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superrrr summer card. Thank you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Greetings Marga dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this fabulous summer card - great additions! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love it!! Super cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and cute card, just love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete