Tuesday 3 May 2022

So happy.....

Hi Crafting friends

I’m just dropping in today to share a card I made yesterday with my latest art supply – Inktense pencils.

I’ve had my eye on them for a while but didn’t understand the difference between these and ordinary water colour, but there is a big difference!  They are so bright and saturated with colour, they give a really vibrant effect, and they spread so easily with water… I think I’m in love with them!

I also recently had a Polkadoodles splurge getting lots of their stamp sets while they were on a deal on create and craft so I paired them up to make a few pretty cards.

This is the first one I made.

Its using several different stamp sets

  • Grace weidre
  • Spring wishes
  • rainbow wishes
  • Sunburst trees

I stamped them onto a plain (but heavyweight) white cardstock using versafine black ink, then using my new pencils coloured the images in.  I then fussy cut them all out.

The background is using a i-craft DL stencil for the spots ink blended with wilted violet distress oxide.  the other stamps in the background are from Tracey Hey (the writing and circles in the background)

I then layered the flowers and my character with a combination of glue and foam pads for dimension, all finished with a sparkle pen!  Finally matted and layered onto block cardstock.

I'd like to enter this into: 

Get creative - use flowers

Crafting happiness - Anything goes

Happy little stampers - anything goes watercolour (inktense pencils) 

QKR stampede -Anything goes

creative crafters - Anything goes

Dare to be artsy - flowers 

Polkadoodles - anything goes

we love 2 create - anything goes mixed media

See you soon!

Rachael 


2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Inspiring to see how you've combined so many stamp sets, and I love your unique coloring as well. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining the HLS Watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw droppingly beautiful, Rachael! Love the colours you've chosen... just dreamy!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete