Saturday 15 July 2023

Shaped card

Hello crafting friends


It's Saturday and therefore another challenge over at Polkadoodles.

We were challenged this week to make a card, where the stamp was the shape of the card.

I used two images from the motorcycle tattoo gnome kit and placed them together to create this card. 


Using a craft artist I welded the images one behind the other and enlarged them to an A6 card size.  I then printed it out onto a robust card stock.  I placed another piece of card behind and fussy cut the two pieces together so I would have two equal bits of card to create the back.

I then coloured the front using copic markers, and added a sentiment from the gnome set.

To make the actual card, I creased the back piece (i.e. the blank card shape) along the bottle creating a hinge and glued them together using a strong adhesive.  This meant the card would both stand up and open.

I gave this to my Father-in-law for fathers Day - and he actually asked if I had made it, he didn't believe me! high praise indeed!

I'd like to enter this into:


Thanks for dropping by - it really does mean a lot when you leave a comment!  I have other social media channels linked in the top right for more ways to see what I make.

See you soon

Crafting Hugs
Rachael 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I love these images. Love all the images in this collection. I may need to get these for a card or two for several family members.

    ReplyDelete