Saturday, 26 September 2026

Polkadoodles Hello Beautiful Autumn

 Hello crafty friends! Today I’m sharing a sweet little autumn card made with the gorgeous Polkadoodles Wishes in the Wind Winnie Autumn Wishes digital stamp. I loved the cosy feel of this image straight away — Winnie, the huge maple leaf, the little cat in the basket and the dog carrying a leaf all felt perfect for a warm, seasonal make.

I kept the card size at 6 x 4 and went for a clean white base so the colouring could really stand out. I printed the digi stamp, planned the placement of the sentiment above the image, and chose an autumn palette of olive greens, pumpkin oranges, warm browns and soft peach tones.

The main image was coloured with Ohuhu markers first, using them to build the base colour and shading. Once that was dry, I went back in with Polychromos pencils to add all the little details — leaf veins, folds in Winnie’s clothes, texture on the boots and scarf, and extra depth on the animals.

For the greeting, I used the Polkadoodles Big Hello sentiment die in olive green and paired it with a dark brown Rare Earth “beautiful” stamp underneath. I love how the bold die-cut word gives the card height, while the script sentiment keeps it soft and pretty.

I finished the panel with a hand-drawn stitched border and kept the embellishments simple — no sparkle this time, just lovely autumn colour. I also die cut and displayed leaves using the Polkadoodles Winter Botanical Bits dies, which tied in beautifully with the falling leaves in the stamp.

My project tip: If you like colouring with both markers and pencils, keep the marker layers smooth and simple first, then use pencils to add the tiny details at the end. It gives the image a lovely hand-finished look without overworking it.

I’m really happy with how this one turned out — it feels cheerful, cosy and very autumnal. If you fancy making your own version, you can find the Winnie digital stamp on the Polkadoodles website using the link above. What autumn colours are you reaching for at the moment?

I'd like to enter this into:

Thanks you for stopping by in my little crafting world - for more inspiration, please do click on the social links above, or leave me a little comment!

See you soon - crafty hugs

Rachael

0 comments:

Post a Comment